If you have an older roof it might be time for an upgrade. Older roofing was OK in its day but it fails to meet the high standards that modern roofing has set. Similarly, if your roof is showing signs of deterioration it’s an indication that it’s also past its expiry date.
Read on below for more information about the best time to replace your roof.
Roof Replacement – How Do You Decide?
The sure signs that a roof needs replacing can be summarised as follows:
- Signs of exterior deterioration:
- Roofing that shows signs of patchy areas
- Emerging gaps between the building and the roof
- Surface irregularities
- Indications of roof movement in some areas
- Persistent leaks in different areas, even if only small leaks
- Any detachment of guttering
- Signs of interior deterioration:
- Support issues like warped frames (These issues can be dangerous and expensive.)
- Mould or mouldy smells, indicating condensation, which can affect wooden supports and spread through the building.
- Discolouration of insulation, indicating leaks and/or mould.
- Cockroaches and/or mice. If they can get in, there must be gaps in the roof.
- Even the slightest suspicion of termites can mean real trouble.
A few of the minor issues on this list may simply require roof repair. But if your roof has several of these problems, or you have a major roofing issue, you should consider replacing your roof altogether. It will be a safer and more affordable, solution.
The Good News about Metal Roofing
Needing to replace your roof isn’t good news, but there are some positives in this situation. With a modern roof, you can fix your problems permanently, making it easy to manage your roofing needs now and into the future.
Some of the reasons that modern metal roofing has become so popular with homeowners and builders include:
- Steel roofs are extremely durable and wear-resistant
- Metal roofing is considerably cheaper than conventional tiled roofing
- Modern roofing comes with attached insulation and is far more energy efficient
- Steel roof supports like steel battens and purlins are immune to termites, moulds, and other classic roof interior issues
- Metal roofing is very low maintenance and it’s cheap to fix if it needs repairs
- Modern metal roofing offers a full range of exterior presentation options for upgrades and kerb appeal
- Metal roofs are far better suited to harsh climate conditions, like severe heat and seasonal heavy rain
Need Some Expert Help with Your Decision?
The best way to examine your new roofing choices is to speak to the roofing specialists. Call Rollsec or contact us online and talk to us about metal roofing in Brisbane. Our friendly experts will be happy to provide any technical guidance, find the right roofing solutions and helping you with any roofing issues.